I can’t believe it’s less than five weeks until I will be on a plane to Greece. Beach, sunshine, Greek cuisine and complete relaxation. Ah, I almost get in holiday mode just thinking about it. So, I have been shopping a few new bikinis for the occasion. Just like with shoes, a women can never have to many bikinis. I love Victoria’s Secret. Especially when there is a sale on (because the are usually ridiculously expensive!) so I went a little bikini crazy the other night. And I thought I’d show you the result. Nothing like a little bikini shopping to get you motivated to keep going to the gym, right?
If you see anything you like, you can find them here; Picture 1 Turquoise Picture 2 Black Picture 3 Leopard Monokini Picture 4 Black Triangle Picture 5 Black Polkadot Picture 6 Pink (Not sponsored links)
I did already have three of them and bought three new ones. Warning about the Leopard Monokini, it is really just to lie completely still in (so, I wore it once in Thailand – not sure if I will wear it again), but it looks really good. I also bought one on Sunday on Smith st – for $10. And a pair of sandals for $10. It should be illegal.
What I really wanted to write about was workout ideas for holidays. When you’re on the move, you don’t have much (or any) equipment and there might not be a gym where you are staying at and you don’t like running. What to do then. I guess there is always swimming (except I’m not a huge fan of swimming), but there’s gotta be better ways to get your heart rate up, right? So, my plan is to make a few quick and simple workouts, the type you don’t need anything to do and that you can do once or five times depending on how long you want to train that day. Today is Beach Workout Number 1:
- Walking Pushups; start standing, bend forward and put your hands on the ground (bend your knees if you need), walk your hands forward until your body is straight then do a push up (on your knees if you need) and walk your hands back towards your feet and stand up straight. Repeat 20 times. You should now be nice and warm.
- Even if you don’t like running, you can run for 20 seconds. Start with lying in the sand, facing the direction you are running, then push up and jump up and run for 20 sec, turn around and lie down again, facing the direction you are running back. Rest for 10-15 sec, run back for 20 sec. Repeat 8 times. Jogging counts, so does power walking if that’s the level you are at.
- Walking lunges (in the sand or if you have a hard surface close to you use that for better balance). Walk about 20 metres, turn back. Short 20-30sec rest. Repeat 3 times.
- Planking. Hold for as long as you can, without any back pain on your elbows and toes/knees. Rest for 15 sec and repeat 3 times.
- Mountain climbers. On all fours, bring alternating knees up towards your elbows. You can run or put one foot up and down at a time. Keep going for 1 minute. 20-30 sec rest, repeat 3 times (or 5 – come on, you can do it).
- Push ups on your knees or your toes. Do as many as you can, rest for 20-30 sec, repeat 3 times.
- Jump into the water and swim for as long as you can be bothered, get up and go for a lovely breakfast and strong coffee. Love life and smile 🙂
THAT is so much better than nothing. You get your heart going, you get the endorphines released and you will be in a much better mood with much more energy and you can relax a little more on the food side. You are on holidays after all, enjoy yourself. Oh and remember that this workout can be done anywhere. You can replace part 2 with jogging on the spot, high knees or jumping jacks. If you’re flight is delayed by an hour and you are getting frustrated, just get your energy out in a better way (you might end up stinking a little on the flight, thats all!). Something Every Day is so much better than nothing. Have a Terrific Tuesday everyone 🙂
Disclaimer; I strongly recommend that you consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program. If you are under 18, pregnant, nursing or have health problems, consult your doctor about specific medical conditions.