We’re out of pepper all the time. I use a lot of freshly cracked pepper when I cook and always a bit extra after plating up. So, needless to say, we go through a bit of pepper. But I didn’t think I needed to buy more before we move. That’s how wrong you can be, right? Thankfully my garlic mushrooms turned out delicious anyway. Yum! And my sweet potato chips were tasty too. I’ll make them agin and actually take a picture (was to hungry, smashed them before I even thought about that) to show you.
I promised I would share the circuit I did yesterday with you, another workout you can do wherever you are, with no equipment. I did three rounds of this yesterday, and I was pretty sweaty! Let’s call it Beach Workout Number 2;
- 40 Jumping Jacks
- 15 Squats (I used a kettlebell, you can do just bodyweight if you dont have anything)
- 20 Static Lunges on each leg (same as above)
- 40 Mountain Climbers on each leg (do them at a level you can cope, but really get your heart rate going)
- 10 Push Ups (on your toes if you can, on your knees if can’t)
- 50 Bicycles with your legs; left elbow to right knee and alternate (That’s 50 to each side, take a short rest if you need to)
- 10 Burpees (yes, burpees) do half ones if full ones are to hard. But try full ones.
- 40 High Knees on each side – heart rate flying here
- 30 Sec Plank, make sure you pull your belly button towards your spine and keep your hips down. No lower back pain, if you do, come down to your knees (cos you started on your toes, right?)
- 40 Mountain Climbers (yes, on each side).
- Rest for as long as you need, a couple of minutes maybe, then repeat. If you have time. If not, then go have a shower (oh, I had a shower btw, but not here, still no hot water!). But if you have time, do it two, three, four or even five times. Then jump in the water, have a swim and cool down. Go for coffee and breakfast. Smile and love life, this is a Beach Workout after all 🙂
Back to Pepper, I’ve just realised it’s one of the healthiest foods on earth (to the degree you can call it a food, I guess you need to eat a fair bit to actually fill up…). It actually helps you digest the other food you eat and prevents gas (bonus points for that). It also promotes sweating, and I actually knew that, but I didn’t remember. Because when I was younger and was getting a flu, I made this hot concoction with whole, black pepper, garlic cloves and a few other bits and pieces to make me sweat the flu out before it had the chance to break out fully. Interesting memory, I haven’t made that mix for at least ten years. Now I’ve just been reading that pepper also has lots and lots of antioxidants AND has antibacterial effects. Last but not least, here is a bonus; not only does black pepper help you derive the most benefit from your food, the outer layer of the peppercorn stimulates the breakdown of fat cells, keeping you slim while giving you energy to burn. Wow, I had no idea I was addicted to such a bomb of health and goodness. Maybe it’s all the pepper I eat that makes me look so healthy?!
Since I’m talking abut Black Pepper and Beaches at the same time, when I went to Zanzibar I got to see where the pepper grows (they export lots delicious pepper). If you speak to a Norwegian who tells you to go where the pepper grows, what he is actually meaning to say is ‘go to hell’. He’s not telling you to go to Zanzibar, unfortunately. Although that would be nice. Here’s a cheeky monkey from Zanzibar too;
Time to stop writing I think. What did you do for your Something Every Day today? I did intervals on treadmill and stepper and trained my back. But I didn’t do yoga! Just couldn’t squeeze it on today! Will squeeze it in tomorrow though! And Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday to make up for today!! Promise 🙂 Have a brilliant (rest of your) Thursday 🙂
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram (@awesomeashild)