How Do Kids React To Party Food (Sugary Food That Is)?

I was going to write about the humble avocado this morning, but then I came across this and I just had to share it, because this is one of the issues we are facing with kids these days. They eat more and more sugary food, not just at parties, but on an every day basis. Sugary, processed food lacking important nutrients, but not lacking in additives, colourings and preservatives. What is it doing to our kids in the instant and in the long run?

It would be interesting to see what the differences in the two groups would’ve been if the ‘healthy’ group of kids were fed even better food with more protein and good fats. Would it have been an even bigger difference in behaviour? Maybe you won’t dread having kids birthday parties if you feed them good, wholesome food instead of sugar?

Check out the five minute video clip from this British documentary on food. It’s quite interesting.

What’s your opinion on this matter?

You can also Like my Facebook Page, Follow me on Instagram and Twitter for more :)

This entry was posted in Interesting Things About Food (Mostly), Uncategorized, Video and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to How Do Kids React To Party Food (Sugary Food That Is)?

1. LucyJartz says:

I liked it when the researchers said that they hadn’t tested whether it was the lack of nutrients or the excess of sugar, or both. I certainly feel better with a diet full of trace nutrients and fiber along with some moderate exercise.
    🙂

• LucyJartz says:

My father is 73, and the other day he woke me up at 5 am to catch a glimpse of a moose feeding along the water’s edge nearby, then we walked to the end of the camp area to visit my aunt and uncle’s camp for coffee, then got us and my son in the canoe for a trip to his favorite places along the shore, and by eight we had worked up an appetite for breakfast. Life is good and I am using your tips to restore my stress-strained health. When I’m in my 70s I hope to be just as lively and fit.

• That sounds amazing!! I miss having those animal encounters as I used to in Norway… Here the closest I get is the beautiful birds outside my window, a possum every now and then and kangaroos at the airport car park… Keep breathing and enjoy life 🙂

• LucyJartz says:

You too, Ashild. Life is good today.

2. Rebecca says:

Reblogged this on Healthy Intentions and commented:
    if you have kids (or if you eat kids party food lol) this is definately worth a look.
    If only it was as easy to stop them getting it from other people

• Thanks for the re-blog. And I agree, I don’t have kids of my own, but I am dreading how to deal with other parents etc…. :/

• Rebecca says:

my neighbour handed 4 ‘ring candies’ straight to my 5 year old the other day – I could have taken it off her but it would have required rugby moves and perhaps some pliers. She was electric blue in her face for hours and an absolute terrorist.

The other three went in the bin but what do you do? Tell the kind old lady at the end of the street not to give kids sweets? I feel like a ogre 😦 Its even worse if its grandparents :/

• You’re not an ogre, you just care about your kids health! But it must be so hard!! Especially with grandparents! Stay strong (and spread this video so more people can wake up!) 🙂