Have you ever experienced the feeling of sitting down on your couch and you just can’t get back up again. Just. Can’t. Get. Up. It does happen from time to time. Often when you’ve had a long day or a hard week, the couch just consumes you and there is just no chance of you actually doing the laundry you were going to do and clean up the kitchen after dinner. Not going to happen. You are on the couch. Stuck. And what is worse than being stuck on the couch is feeling terribly bad about it. But why? It’s just a date with the couch. You and the couch, just having a good time.
I know that so many will feel bad about being stuck on the couch for an afternoon or evening, so here’s a few survival tips on how to be ok with being stuck on the couch.
Awesome Ashild’s Survival Tips When Stuck On The Couch
- Have a nap – it’s actually good for you and you will feel better for it.
- Get someone else to come lie down with you for a cuddle. There is nothing better than a cuddle on the couch. And while you are cuddling you might just find the solution to some first world problems as well.
- Read a good book. It’s a really good way of forgetting all your worries and drift into another world for a while.
- Listen to your favourite podcast.
- Watch some stand-up comedy and laugh. Laughing makes life better.
- Download a personal development book to your iPad and learn something new about yourself.
- Google some new LCHF recipes that you want to try, send one to recipe to your hubby/wife/son/aunty and get them to cook you dinner (you’re not going to get off the couch after all!!).
- Call your mom.
- Find 10 Inspirational quotes or pictures you can use as desktop background, print out and put on your office desk or fridge. Sometimes we just need a little pick me up in everyday life. A good quote can change your mood and your attitude completely.
- Meditate, breath all the way down to your belly and just be.
Being stuck on the couch really isn’t that bad sometimes. As long as you don’t make it into a daily habit, then you might get back problems. You might also just get really lazy. Or you might be lucky and get heaps of cuddles, find the solutions to all the fist world problems you can imagine, have dinner cooked for you every night and learn a whole heap of new things about yourself… I’m not sure if I would risk it though… I think I would just become really lazy.
Happy Easter. On the couch, on the mountain, in the city. Out skiing, out walking or sitting in the park. Just enjoy yourself. And this year; Eat the Easter Bunny, not what he brings🙂
Awesome Ashild xoxo