I am naturally lazy, especially when it comes to hair and make up (and clothes, as long as they are comfy, I am not really that fussed… I wear tights 80% of the time). In the morning I usually throw some cold water in my face and brush my teeth. I avoid as much as possible putting any make up on, because that means I have to spend time cleaning my face later (or ending up sleeping with make up, which I have heard isn’t really that good for your skin…). I just find it extremely boring having to remove mascara. And probably even more boring to remove nail polish (explains why I am happy to pay someone to do it for me). My main requirement when going to the hairdresser is that it takes less than 30 seconds to style. So there you go. Pretty lazy in the beauty department.
Now you are probably wondering what beauty tips I can possibly have in stall for you?! Well, here we go, let’s see if I have some useful tips for you:
- Get enough sleep (haha, did I say lazy overall??). But seriously, getting enough sleep is crucial for your overall health, recovery, energy and everything else. What ‘enough’ sleep means, highly depends on who you are, what you do every day and how old you are. Good quality sleep is also important, so try to keep your social media not so social overnight.
- Drink heaps of water. Yes, I am sure you have heard that one before. But it’s true. You will feel better, look better and perform better when properly hydrated. You skin will be less wrinkly and you’ll have less cellulite. You will generally look younger, have more energy and will be less likely to have cravings. And; if you are trying to lose weight, drinking heaps of water will actually help you in this process.
- Exercise. It doesn’t have to be weight lifting or 4×4 interval running, it just needs to be something that gets your heart rate up (like dancing or playing soccer in the backyard). You will feel better and look better. Exercise aids the blood circulation and that again means more oxygen transported to all parts of your body, and if you work up a sweat you will even sweat out some toxins. It will give you a natural glow, you will feel happier from endorphins and you will generally feel better about how you look – and that’s natural beauty.
- Eat well. Eat because you love your body. If your food is full of artificial additives, sweeteners, sugars, trans fats and other nasties, how do you think your body responds to it. You are what you eat. Remember that every cell in your body is getting rebuild and replaced by what you put in your mouth. If you put ugly food in your tummy, chances are you will feel less than average beautiful after a while. Eat beautiful, crunchy, fresh and tasty food and you will become exactly that (maybe not crunchy?).
- Look after your teeth. Seriously. How much does a beautiful smile do for a beautiful face. Lots of research shows that a beautiful smile can get you miles ahead of people with less attractive teeth in job interviews and similar situations (speed dating??). If you follow step 4 (eat well), you will already be better off than if you eat a lot of crap. Brush and floss (flossing used to be one of those chores I only did the night after I had been to my yearly dentist visit and then never again that year. Now I have found my new love -Eezifloss! Love it!) every day. Actually, you only need to floss 3 times per week for it to be effective (according to my dentist). And don’t drink lots of orange juice or coke. It kills your teeth.
- Be happy, confident and believe in yourself. Nothing is more attractive and beautiful than self confidence and laughter. Surround yourself with people who build you up rather than break you down. Tell yourself you are good enough. Do more of what makes you happy. And if you find yourself doing an awful a lot of things that aren’t making you happy, then I suggest it’s time for a change. Cos a change is as good as a holiday.
- Eat lots of fats. It will moisturise you from the inside out (imagine all the time you will save moisturising from the outside in?!). It’s great for your skin, hair and nails. It will make you satisfied and you will avoid having cravings. It will make your skin feel amazing, and your overall health will benefit from having lots of fat in your diet. If you don’t believe me, you should try it for yourself. Some of the fats you eat you can even rub on your skin on days you feel a little dry. Try some coconut oil on your elbows next time they are a little rough. It’s.The.Best.
There you go. 7 lazy beauty tips from a naturally lazy beauty. Which one is your favourite? Have you got another good one? I have heard 7 is the magic number in marketing of beauty products, so figured i should stick with that. Enjoy. I hope they will make you more beautiful every day, inside and out. Be happy. Be beautiful. Always.
Awesome Ashild, xoxo